Description: A debate club affiliated with the NCFCA (National Christian Forensics and Communications Association)
The club will offer
- A Beginners course in debate. This will prepare and equip students with the skills necessary to compete at the Minnesota regional tournament
- Advanced debaters enjoy continued honing of their skills through peer lectures, brain-storming sessions, and the ability to tap into a pooling of supportive resources.
- One meeting a month dedicated to speech-refining
Where do we meet?
- In the director’s home, located in central Minneapolis (55411) right off of I-94.
When do we meet?
- The Organizational meeting will be held August 15, 2011
- Here you will receive all the details about debate as well as have the opportunity to sign up and order the resource books and other required materials.
- An informational time where we will discuss how to make speech and debate central to your home school curriculum.
- Talk with alumni and experienced parents
- The club meets weekly, September through March, Monday evening form 7:00-9:00 pm
- Contact Tammy Bluel via email or call/text
- E-mail tjbluel1 [at] comcast [dot] net
- Phone: 612.388.5705
Please NOTE that parental involvement is needed!
- At least one parent from each family must be present and involved;
- For Beginning debaters, this is mandatory