My name is Andre Caron. I am currently a part time mathematics teacher, part time mathematics tutor, and part time stay-at-home dad. I am looking for a new challenge and would like to work one-on-one or in a group situation with home-schooled students. Below is a brief resume of my qualifications.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, San Diego State University
- MS Applied Mathematics, Oakland University (MI)
- 7 years at Detroit Country Day School
- 2 years as a long term substitute at the Breck School
- 5 years at Bais Yaakov High School
- 4 years as on-campus tutor at the Breck School
- 6 years of private tutoring
- 10 years as Software Engineer, Trainer, & Management Consultant for Electronic Data Systems
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- AP Calculus (AB)
- AP Statistics
Reasons for trusting me with your child’s mathematics studies
- In addition to having taught every course from Algebra to Calculus to Statistics, I have also tutored students in those courses. That one-on-one experience has given me substantial insight into why students struggle with certain concepts and how to help them through those struggles.
- Students often see mathematics as a set of arbitrary rules. I help them see that mathematics is a set of intertwining patterns that are logical and consistent.
- Teaching mathematical concepts accounts for only half of what I do in the classroom. I also teach students how to solve problems, how to apply logic, and how to see that they are generally much more capable than they realize.
- I love what I do.
- E-mail: amcaron1(at)msn.com
- Home phone: 952-949-0573
- Cell phone: 952-237-2173
- Available on request